20.9.11

Around this time last fall...


Two point five years ago I lived alone in an apt that was way too expensive. It was at an intersection decorated with a liquor store, sushi spot & and a college for computer technology. when the sun would go down the lights from the street would flood my apartment and often times I would sit and stare at the street below. On my 22nd birthday of the year in that apartment I watched a prostitute get punched in the head, more than once, I was across the street. I watched in amazement because I had never seen anything like it before.It was real life. She probably owed him money. Im sure she knew what the rules were. I called 911 5 times and no one answered. Maybe she wasn't important enough. Anyway, this weather always reminds me of that apartment. It's something about how the rain mixes with the scent of the concrete, when the weather starts to cool. Or how the fog from the lake gets carried and dusted around the city. hell, maybe it's just the fact that no matter how often shit changes. A part of everything always stays the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment